Celebrating working with Professor Ann Blandford
Professor Ann Blandford is highly regarded as an authority and a pioneer in the field of human-computer interaction (HCI). During her illustrious career, the field of HCI has grown enormously − not least, in the number of topics covered and the many approaches, methods and techniques now used.
Celebrating the theme UCLIC@21: looking back, looking forward, we have invited colleagues, researchers, former and current students to reflect on their time working with Ann and how their experiences have shaped their understanding of HCI or their vision of future HCI research challenges.
The in-person, by invitation-only, event will be held on Thursday 10 November 2022, between 16:00 and 18:00, and invited speakers include:
- Prof Michael Harrison, Emeritus Professor, Newcastle University, UK
- Prof Harold Thimbleby, Professor Emeritus (Science), Swansea University, UK
- Dr Dominic Furniss, Human Factors Consultant & Trainer, UK
- Dr Aisling O'Kane, Assistant Professor, University of Bristol, UK
- Dr Thulile Mathenjwa, Project Manager, Africa Health Research Institute, South Africa
- Dr Niels van Berkel, Associate Professor, Aalborg University, Denmark
- Ms Josie Carmichael, PhD student, UCL Interaction Centre, UK
The event will also be available online as a webinar. Please register your interest on Eventbrite. Once you have registered, you will receive the Zoom link to securely join the event.