Chongyang Wang is a PhD student at the UCL interaction centre under the supervision of Prof. Nadia Berthouze. He graduated from the Southwest University of China in Electronics and Information Engineering and was ranked 3rd in his major with a GPA of 3.73/4. As an undergraduate student, he has worked in a number research projects in the area of signal processing, image processing and machine learning and contributed to four peer-reviewed publications, one of which in a journal and one as first author. He has also been invited to one of the challenge at FG'18 on micro finger gesture recognition. In 2016, he was ranked 1st at his school's comprehensive appraisal and won a national scholarship. Recognition also comes from beyond his own school. In 2015, he was awarded an internship at Harvard Medical School, USA during which he carried out a project improving the segmentation of vessels in the retina. He did a one-year research internship at the Institute of Psychology, Chinese Academy of Science, a very prestigious research institution in China. Finally, he was awarded two prestigious scholarship from UCL to carry out his PhD studies on the topic of developing new body sensing technology to support chronic pain physical rehabilitation.
- Min Peng, Chongyang Wang, Tong Chen (2018). 'Attention Based Residual Network for Micro-Gesture Recognition'. 2018 13th IEEE International Conference on Automatic Face & Gesture Recognition (FG2018), DOI: 10.1109/FG.2018.00127.
- Min Peng, Chongyang Wang, Tong Chen, Guangyuan Liu (2017). 'Dual Temporal Scale Convolutional Neural Network for Micro-expression Recognition'.Frontiers in Psychology, Vol 8, PP.1745, DOI: 10.3389/fpsyg.2017.01745.
- Min Peng, Chongyang Wang, Tong Chen, Guangyuan Liu (2016). 'NIRFaceNet: A Convolutional Neural Network for Near-Infrared Face Identification'. Information, 7(4), DOI:10.3390/info7040061.
- ChongYang Wang, Min Peng, Tong Chen, Lingfeng Xu (2015). 'A Single Scale Retinex based Method for Palm Vein Extraction'. IEEE Information Technology, Networking, Electronic and Automation Control Conference, DOI: 10.1109/ITNEC.2016.7560322.
- Min Peng, Chongyang Wang, Tong Chen, Guangyuan Liu (2015). 'A Methodology for Palm Vein Image Enhancement and Visualization'. IEEE International Conference of Online Analysis and Computing Science, DOI: 10.1109/ICOACS.2016.7563048.
I have acted as reviewer for:
IEEE Transactions on Human-Machine Systems,
PerCom Industry Track 2019
and more to be added : )
|M Peng, Chongyang Wang, T Chen||Attention Based Residual Network for Micro-Gesture Recognition||2018||13th IEEE International Conference on Automatic Face and Gesture Recognition, Conference paper (text), Xian, China|
|M Peng, Chongyang Wang, T Chen, G Liu, X Fu||Dual Temporal Scale Convolutional Neural Network for Micro-Expression Recognition||2017||Frontiers in Psychology, Journal article|
|M Peng, Chongyang Wang, T Chen, G Liu||NIRFaceNet: A Convolutional Neural Network for Near-Infrared Face Identification||2016||Information, Journal article|
|Chongyang Wang, M Peng, L Xu, T Chen||A single scale retinex based method for palm vein extraction||N/A||Conference paper (text)|