Dafne Zuleima Morgado Ramirez
Dr Dafne Zuleima Morgado Ramirez is Research Associate at the Interaction Centre (UCLIC) of University College London. She has worked at the Institute of Orthopaedics and Musculoskeletal Science located at the Royal National Orthopaedics Hospital at Stanmore researching assistive robotic exoskeleton technology. Before joining UCL she obtained a PhD in Biomechanics, an MSc in Biomedical Engineering, and a Postgraduate Diploma in Rehabilitation Engineering while her undergraduate degree was in Biomedical Engineering. She has also worked in industry as a Clinical Engineer.
She is a Researcher in Assistive Technology at the Global Disability Innovation hub and also member of the Global Cooperation on Assistive Technology.
Dafne is passionate about healthcare related research, fixing, making, prototyping and brainstorming ideas that are useful for society, good quality and affordable. Her research interests are human-computer interactions, HCI, biomechanics, biomedical instrumentation and signal processing and assistive and wearable technology.
- Power-Up! Fuelling a new generation of assistive technologies (Research Associate, 1st June 2016 - 31st May 2017).
- Adaptive, Assistive, Rehabilitative Technology- Beyond the Clinic (AART-BC) (Research Associate, Mar 2017 - Apr 2018)
- Cognitive load during wheelchair use with and without power assistance
- A device for Parasonia events tracking
- Bespoke force sensors
- Stanmore Intubation Aid (SIA) (Co-I, £20,000, Royal National Orthopaedics Hospital and UCL Institute of Healthcare Engineering)
- Disability Innovation Incubation (with Global Disability Innovation Hub, Ecole des Hautes Etudes Commerciales du Nord and Resonance Ltd)
- Fit-for-purpose, affordable body-powered prostheses (Research Associate, from Mar 2018 )
|Ramirez DZ Morgado, S Strike, R Lee||Vibration transmission of the spine during walking is different between the lumbar and thoracic regions in older adults||2017||Age and Ageing, Journal article|
|M Wilcox, A Rathore, Ramirez DZ Morgado, R Loureiro, T Carlson||Muscular Activity and Physical Interaction Forces during Lower Limb Exoskeleton Use||2016||Healthcare Technology Letters, Journal article|
|A Rathore, M Wilcox, Ramirez D Morgado, R Loureiro, T Carlson||Quantifying The Human-Robot Interaction Forces Between A Lower Limb Exoskeleton And Healthy Users||2016||38th Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBC’16), Conference paper (text), Orlando, FL|
|Ramírez DZ Morgado, S Strike, RYW Lee||Measurement of transmission of vibration through the human spine using skin-mounted inertial sensors||2013||MEDICAL ENGINEERING & PHYSICS, Journal article|
|Ramirez DZ Morgado, Catherine Holloway||Manual wheelchairs are great! But…||N/A||Poster, Third WHO Global Forum on Medical Devices Geneva, Switzerland|
|Ramirez DZ Morgado||SURFACE MEASUREMENT OF VIBRATION TRANSMISSIBILITY OF THE HUMAN SPINE DURING DAILY LIFE ACTIVITIES||N/A||Conference paper (text)|
|Ramirez DZ Morgado||Vibration transmission through the human spine during physical activity||N/A||Thesis / Dissertation|