Dafne Zuleima Morgado Ramirez
Dr Dafne Zuleima Morgado Ramirez is Research Associate at the Interaction Centre (UCLIC) of University College London since 2014.
She is a Researcher in Assistive Technology at the Global Disability Innovation hub and also member of the Global Cooperation on Assistive Technology, founder of the Neurodivergent Staff Network at UCL, Fair Recruitment Specialist at UCL and member of the UCL Disability Equality Steering Group.
Zuleima is passionate about multidisciplinary research that aims to achieve technology that is affordable, appropriate, accessible and inclusive. Her research interests are human-computer interaction, assistive and wearable technology, participatory research, social media, social model of disability, adult autism, low resource settings and biomedical engineering (medical devices, biomechanics, biomedical instrumentation, signal processing).
She has worked at the Institute of Orthopaedics and Musculoskeletal Science located at the Royal National Orthopaedics Hospital at Stanmore researching assistive robotic exoskeleton technology. She has also worked in industry as a Clinical Engineer. Before joining UCL she obtained a PhD in Biomechanics and Sports Science, an MSc in Biomedical Engineering, a Postgraduate Diploma in Rehabilitation Engineering and an undergraduate degree in Biomedical Engineering.
Research and consultancy activity
- Consultancy for the Global Disability Innovation Hub Community Interest Company (assistive technology, autism, disability interactions)
- Power-Up! Fuelling a new generation of assistive technologies (Research Associate, 1st June 2016 - 31st May 2017).
- Adaptive, Assistive, Rehabilitative Technology- Beyond the Clinic (AART-BC) (Research Associate, Mar 2017 - Apr 2018)
- Cognitive load during wheelchair use with and without power assistance
- A device for Parasonia events tracking
- Bespoke force sensors
- Stanmore Intubation Aid (SIA) (Co-I, £20,000, Royal National Orthopaedics Hospital and UCL Institute of Healthcare Engineering)
- Disability Innovation Incubation (with Global Disability Innovation Hub, Ecole des Hautes Etudes Commerciales du Nord and Resonance Ltd)
- Fit-for-purpose, affordable body-powered prostheses (Research Associate, from Mar 2018 )