Jitesh is a PhD student in Computer Science at UCL Interaction Centre. He is supervised by Dr. Youngjun Cho and Prof. Nadia Berthouze, and supported by the Overseas Research Scholarship and the Graduate Research Scholarship. At UCLIC, Jitesh's research focuses on developing novel computational framework for contactless physiological monitoring using thermal infrared imaging, with an objective to make the contactless extraction of physiological signals reliable in real-world scenarios.
Jitesh specialises in machine learning, computer vision and system engineering. In the past 10 years, he has worked both in industry and at research institutes, developing algorithms and systems for healthcare applications. Along with his research at UCLIC, he works part-time at Tata Elxsi as a Technical Specialist in the Healthcare and Life Science Business Unit where he is involved in R&D initiatives. He completed MSc in "Cognitive Systems and Interactive Media" at Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona in 2011.
- Project Excellence Award, Tata Elxsi, 2021; Automated peritoneal dialysis technology & PoC development; Role: Lead R&D
- Project Excellence Award, Tata Elxsi, 2020; Deep-learning based enumeration of bacterial colonies; Role: Technical Architect and Project Manager
- Customer Appreciation Awards at Tata Elxsi, 2019 and 2017
- Won Hackathon-2019 @ Tata Elxsi: AI-based medical image enhancement tool
- Won Tata Innovista-2018 in the category of "Piloted Technologies and Intersection of Materials, Biology & Computing"
|Jitesh Joshi, Nadia Berthouze, Youngjun Cho||Self-adversarial Multi-scale Contrastive Learning for Semantic Segmentation of Thermal Facial Images||2022||British Machine Vision Conference (BMVC) 2022, Conference paper (text), London|
|Jitesh Joshi, S Saharan, PK Mandal||BOLDSync: A MATLAB-based toolbox for synchronized stimulus presentation in functional MRI||2014||Journal of Neuroscience Methods, Journal article|
|PK Mandal, Jitesh Joshi, S Saharan||Visuospatial Perception: An Emerging Biomarker for Alzheimer's Disease||2012||Journal of Alzheimer's Disease, Journal article|
|Jitesh Joshi, N Bianchi-Berthouze, Youngjun Cho||Self-adversarial Multi-scale Contrastive Learning for Semantic Segmentation of Thermal Facial Images||1900||Preprint|