Soojeong Yoo is a Research Fellow at the UCL Interaction Centre and a member of the Wellcome/EPSRC Centre for Interventional and Surgical Sciences (WEISS). She is also in the honorary scholar at the University Sydney and Westmead Research and Education Network in Australia. Before joining UCL, she was an Associate Lecturer in Design and Health at Design Lab at the University of Sydney.
She was awarded her PhD at the University of Sydney, Australia, which investigated how the level of physical activity that can be captured during gameplay and how a long-term user model can be created for individual players, as a foundation for supporting the user in gaining personal informatics insights about their exertion as well as being used for personalisation and external recommendation for VR games. She also holds a B.Com (Hons) from the Human Interface Technology Laboratory (HIT Lab) Australia.
- Human-Computer Interaction (HCI)
- Novel Technologies (AR/VR/MR)
- Health and Well-being
- User Centred Design
- Exertion Games
- User Modelling and Personlisation
- Diversity Chair for ACM SIGCHI Sydney Chapter
- Member of Computer Human Interaction Special Interest Group (CHISIG)
- Social Media and Communication Co-chair for MAB 2021
- Publicity and Social Media Co-Chair for CHIPLAY 2018 &2019
- Demo, Work in Progress, Posters Co-Chair for OZCHI 2019