Current Research Students
Welcome to UCLIC!
We hope that you will enjoy your time here as a PhD student in UCLIC. There are a number of events going on during Induction week to help you settle in and find your way around UCL - this takes place the week before teaching starts in the Autumn term and is usually around the end of September.
Please try and attend as many events as you can, but the most important events are on the first day (Monday 26th Sept), in particular the Introduction to the UCLIC PhD programme. The Introduction to the Doctoral Skills Development programme and Research Log is repeated, so there are 3 opportunities to attend this event.
It's also a good idea to check out the UCLIC PhD Handbook before you arrive and there are a number of other documents that will help you find your feet and explore other training on offer that will complement your PhD. For example, it is possible to take additional optional short (up to 10 weeks) courses in research methodology (Statistics, Qualitative Data Analysis, Programming etc), teaching methods and MSc modules in specific research areas that are relevant to your PhD study - it is strongly recommended to take 2 or more of these, but these are not obligatory. The lists of such courses and other documents with useful information for new students can be accessed below:
- UCLIC PhD handbook
- Optional PhD and MSc modules through the Pyschology Division (PALS)
- Optional MSc modules available through the Computer Science Dept (CS) - to be updated
- Postgraduate Peer Group flyer (needs to be updated - the PPG is a social/support group for PALS students)
- Brain Sciences Faculty Induction events - needs to be updated
- Teaching training opportunities for postgaduate teaching assistants (PGTAs)
- Essential info from other students and Useful links
It is also very helpful if you can please complete the forms below (if possible) for handing to Louise Gaynor during Induction week: